Belex Guarantee for buyers
What is the Belex Guarantee?
As Belex, we want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Belex.co.ke website.
That is why we guarantee purchases from third party sellers when payment is made via the Belex.co.ke.
The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Belex Guarantee.
Buyer Coverage under the Belex Guarantee
You can file a Belex Guarantee claim if you purchased physical goods from a seller or merchant selling on the Belex.co.ke website. The common reasons for the claim being denied are:
- The item received was the same as described by the merchant.
- The item was received and the merchant provided verification of delivery.
- The buyer failed to respond to a request for further information.
- The claim was filed due to buyer remorse rather than an actual issue with the item.
- The buyer filed a chargeback with their payment processor or bank.
- The buyer was unwilling to return the item to the merchant.
One of the three conditions below must also apply for the guarantee to be successful:
- You made payment to the merchant through the Belex website but the merchant failed to deliver the item by 3 calendar days past the maximum estimated delivery date for an order or 30 days from the order date, whichever is sooner; or
- You received the item, but the item was defective, damaged, or materially different than as depicted in the merchant’s description; or
- You have returned the item to the merchant per an agreement between the buyer and merchant and the merchant has not provided the agreed refund to the buyer after receiving the item.
You must first initiate a complaint through your account or firstname.lastname@example.org before filing a claim. Please allow 3 business days to give your merchant a chance to address the issue. You can submit a Guarantee claim if the merchant does not respond or if the issue is not addressed to your satisfaction.
What does it cost?
Buyers are covered at no cost. We’re committed to creating a safe buying experience on the Belex website. If you have additional questions about the Belex Guarantee, please contact us.
When do I use the “I returned my order” reason while filing a Belex Guarantee claim?
If a merchant has clearly misrepresented the condition or details of an item in a way that affects its value or utility, the merchant should be willing to offer a refund or exchange per the terms of the merchant’s return policy. If the merchant does not accept the return of an item that is made in accordance with the merchant’s return policy, you may qualify for coverage under our Belex Guarantee. Please visit our Return Help pages for more information regarding returns.
When submitting your claim, please provide further details about the desired resolution by choosing one of these options:
- Received no refund: You returned the item, but did not receive a refund from the merchant.
- Received no replacements: The merchant promised a replacement, but you did not receive a replacement.
- Received insufficient credit: The merchant issued you a refund, but it’s less than what you expected.
- Ordered wrong items: You returned an item you ordered by mistake.
When do I use the “I did not receive my item or received them late” reason while filing for a guarantee claim?
If the estimated delivery date noted on your order detail page has passed and you have still not received the product(s) you ordered, you can file a claim citing the reason “I did not receive my item or received them late.”
You can also choose the desired resolution:
- Received item late and would like to return: The item arrived after the estimated delivery date, and you would like to return the item to the merchant rather than keep it.
- Did not receive full order or part of the order: Some or all items in the order have not been delivered to you yet.
- Received items late and would like to have a refund of delivery charges: The item arrived after the estimated delivery date, but you would keep it if the merchant were to issue you a refund of your delivery costs.
When do I use the “Order contained damaged/defective/incorrect items” reason while filing a guarantee claim?
If a merchant has clearly misrepresented the condition or details of an item in a way that affects its value or utility, it is “materially different” and the merchant should be willing to offer a refund or exchange per the terms of the merchant’s returns policy. If the merchant does not accept the return of an item that is made in accordance with the merchant’s return policy, you may qualify for coverage under our Belex Guarantee. Please visit our Return Help pages for more information regarding returns.
Items are considered “damaged/defective or incorrect” in these circumstances:
- Wrong version or edition: You received the item ordered, but it’s a different version or edition than what was displayed on product page.
- Item condition or details not as described: You received the item ordered, but it was a different condition (e.g., used or refurbished instead of new) or had an important detail that was not explained on product page.
- Item was completely different from what was ordered: merchant mistakenly sent completely incorrect item.
- Missing parts or components: The item is missing parts or components.
- Item defective during first use: When you tried to first use the product, it did not work (e.g., Mobile phone did not turn on).
- Item defective after first use: The product did not work or was broken on second or subsequent use.
- Damaged item: The item delivered was visibly damaged
- Note: This does not extend to cases where you are simply disappointed with an item. We will ultimately determine material difference at our discretion.
What happens after submitting a claim?
For purchases through the Belex website, you can track the progress of your claim by viewing the order in Your Account.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during the processing period, as we may contact you for additional information. We may also attempt to contact the merchant to encourage him or her to work directly with you to resolve the problem.
How do I cancel a pending claim?
Buyers can contact us to indicate that the transaction has been resolved or simply reply to our initial claim confirmation e-mail. Merchants will need to contact the buyers and encourage them to write to us in order to revoke or cancel a pending claim. If a resolution has been reached after a claim has been granted, please contact us to make arrangements for repayment.
I submitted a Belex Guarantee claim which was resolved in my favor, and later I received the lost or correct item. What do I do?
All payment for Belex orders must be made through the Belex website, the only accepted payment method for third party merchant transactions on Belex website. If you receive the item after a claim is resolved, contact Customer Service to dictate the next course of action.